Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Savior

Since I'm in a bit of a movie review mood, I thought I'd include this film which I've been intending to post about for ages.

Long-short: Dennis Quaid, before he was famous, playing an American officer who joins the French Foreign Legion after killing the terrorists who killed his family.He turns mercenary for the Serbian forces during the recent conflict where he struggles to rescue a pregnant Serb and her baby.

I've only seen this film once, I was in the mood for an action film and Dennis Quaid (The Day After Tomorrow) and the Foreign Legion (Legionnaire) seemed to make a good combination. What I watched, however, blew my mind and has haunted me almost every day since I saw it morer than a year ago.

I've never seen real war, but without spoiling the film, it's clear why so many soldiers have trouble letting go. I honestly recommend that each and every one of you finds this film and watches it, but do so knowing that'll it might very well screw you up.

No comments: