Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Flickr & Fiji

Okay - so I've finally started posting my photos from my trip to Fiji and New Zealand. Unfortunately, Flickr only allows 20Mb a month for free, so it's going to take just a bit of time.

That brings me finally to my trip. I've been postponing posting this, but here it finally is. Overall, it was good. Auckland is just like any other city, but that also means that there are parts of it that you can't just see from an hostel or a tour bus. The islands off Auckland are pretty cool, the uni students are cool and the local food is great. The Bay of Islands is beautiful, Russell, the orignial capital of NZ and apparently a Port Royale for the Pacific in its time, is beautiful. Old colonial port architecture, it's spectactular. The island themselves are also pretty cool with small houses and communities dotted through the group.

Then there's Fiji. Fiji seems to be designed for a type of travel that I'm not used to, nor do I enjoy for more than a day or two. The idea of lying on a beach, not achieving anything seems, while relaxing, a bit pointless frankly. But when there is no other option, drinking games and sunbaking can be made fun.

But, a trip is a trip and it might as well be made fun. Anyway, it was a good opportunity for some good pics which, coincidentally, you can see at http://www.flickr.com/photos/crip/

So there it is, finally.
hmmm - wonder what the next post'll be about...

No comments: