Tuesday, August 29, 2006

George Lucas tries the old Jedi mind trick

I rest assured that I never have to read kottke.org, for if Jason Kottke ever finds anything interesting, Maddy can be relied on to post it and provide thus I am informed.

As such, I'm hereby following on from Maddy's post on Kottke's post regarding his own other post on cool-looking libraries. This page shows a comparison between the library at Trinity College in Dublin and the Jedi library shown in that riciculous piece of cinema, Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones. They look pretty similar eh? In fact, here they are:

Which is which? I don't know oh my God it's so deceptive - oh wait that's right they probably didn't have steel or glowing blue lights at the beginning of the 1700s. But still, it's easy to see the similarities right?

Apparently not, for George Lucas.
"It is totally untrue that there is any connection between the scene in Attack of the Clones and Trinity College."

Riiight...whatever. Maybe he's just fallen for this whole Jedi-religion thing. [shrug]

(But that's the other thing, why do the Jedi's books, or hard-drives, or whatever fills those shelves, glow at all?)

No comments: