Thursday, August 24, 2006

Pam, Gob & Spiders

I was really excited this morning. I was checking Maddy's blog to find a couple of lists of favourite TV characters. I'd never heard of James Gunn, but that he chose Pam Beesly from the American version of the Office, an actress able to convey sexy in a kind of boring way, ever so briefly rocked my world...that was until I realised that the two were married (Dream shattered!)

He was redeemed, however, having "Gob" Bluth on his list, albeit not nearly high enough.

More exciting though, a new species of spiders has been found in Ecuador that cooperates quite uniquely. Colonies of these spiders, thousands strong, trap their prey by swarming it and blinding it with silk, they then will even take turns carrying the prey back to the rest of the colony. Isn't sharing wonderful.

No comments: