Sunday, September 10, 2006

Meme catchup

Monday Meme from last week
1. Which holidays (if any) do you consider more as a day off from work, than anything else? Labour Day and, increasingly, Easter - it used to be a great family weekend but these days just a relax. Oh...and of course Canberra Day.
2. Which 3 holidays are most celebrated in your family? Australia Day & Xmas/Boxing Day
3. Do you have an organized filing system at home? Yes...virtually, I don't have much physical stuff that needs filing.
4. Do you clip coupons for groceries? If so, do you remember to use them? If not, why? No.
5. How many magazines do you subscribe to? None.
6. Do you play any computer games on a regular basis? If so, which is your favorite, and why? Civ3 all the way baby!
7. Have you watched any movies worth recommending, lately? V for Vendetta and the Matador (Pierce Brosnan , Gerg Kinnear & Hugo Weaving are all awesome!)

Music Meme
I had a bit of trouble seeing as I can't sort my tracks in this detail (mainly due to the fractured state of my filing system at the moment) So here's my effort.

Total number of tracks: 3582

Sort by song title:
-First Song: #1 Crush - Garbage
-Last Song: You've Made Me So Very Happy - Blood, Sweat & Tears

Sort by time:
-Shortest Song: 0:01 Wilhelm Scream Recording (Unknown original actor)
First what-I-think-is-a-complete-song: 0:11 Sneakalude - Basement Jaxx
-Longest Song: 53:49 700 Hobo Names - John Hodgman & Jonathan Coulton

Sort by album:
-First Song:
I Don't Know What I Can Save You From - Kings Of Convenience (Album: Acoustic Chill)
-Last Song: We Are Alive - Paul Van Dyk (Album: Wild 12)

Top 10 Most Played Songs:
I have no idea how to do this - but seeing as I generally pick my next song, here are my top 10 most-common choices (though in no real order).
Keep It Coming - B.B. King & Heavy D
The Election Night Special - Monty Python
Jimi Thing - Dave Matthews
Touched - VAST
Steal My Kisses - Ben Harper & the Innocent Criminals
Lola's Theme - Shapshifters
99 Red Balloons - Goldfinger
Summer Jam - The Underdog Project
Mistaken - Save Ferris
Gabriel - Lamb
Search ....
"sex", how many songs come up?
5
"love", how many songs come up? 151
"you", how many songs come up? 244
"death", how many songs come up? 8
"hate", how many songs come up? 3
"wish" how many songs come up? 8

So that's the catchup on the memetic goss


As for other stuff:
* What on Earth do people find entertaining with Australian Rules Football? The most boring sport in the world after curling and toe-wrestling (Yes, equestrian dressage is a better use of time)
* The Australian countryside continues to amaze me with it's beauty

* Oh, and Madeline - stop stealing Nat's catchphrases.

1 comment:

KaosSmurf said...

I really want to hear that 700 hobo names track...

I can give you a blank cd/memory stick if you wouldn't mind taking the few minutes to copy it :-)