Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Today

I've been writing this essay bit-by-bit for a couple of days now, but the world being what it is, the Internet just doesn't stop.

For a start, yet another remake is on the books. And it's another Mel Brooks original with him doing the new version. Do the numbers '86' & '99' remind you of anything? So Steve Carell is signed on (and quite frankly I think it's great that they waited until someone of his calibre came along). As for his better half, early reports have Eva Longoria of Desperate Housewives fame...but those are very early reports. So, an interactive bit: Who do you think should play 99? imdb

Completely unrelated (I wanted a picture to break this post); I had a lecture on Persian carpets today and they are truly beautiful. Example:

So International Talk Like A Pirate Day is over for 2006, but I've become a bit too attached to my piratey beard and thus, with only a slight modification (to create what I think is the most versatile facial hair ever), I have declared this thursday the 21st to be the inaugural International Talk Like A Gentleman Day. OK, it might need a little tweak, but it'll be fun while it lasts.

No comments: